Welcome to the Waco Convention Center
The Waco Convention Center’s lobbies are currently closed to the public due to the pandemic. We are operating at 50% capacity, and are booking customers on a case-by-case basis, with the precautions listed below.
Precautions Taken Due to the Pandemic:
- Maximum of 300 attendees
- No linens on tables – must use silver 72” linenless tables in order to be able to disinfect surfaces
- No registration areas – no lines or congregating
- No buffets – all food must be served “to-go” style or plated by a licensed, approved caterer
- Planned entrance/exits to each room with doors propped open to minimize touch points
- No water stations or coffee stations
- Any snacks, etc. all have to be pre-packaged grab and go. No open containers or finger foods can be out.
- No bars/alcohol service or dance floors
- Masks must be worn at all times, and we have hand sanitizer stations placed at the entrance to each room being used.
- The Waco Fire Department will come in and disinfect around the group’s schedule (they spray very quickly, it doesn’t take long at all)
- No more than 2 people per 6’ table when eating.
If you wish to check date availability for a future date, please visit our Contact Page and fill out the contact form.
The Waco Convention Center is now a GBAC STAR™ Accredited Facility
In December, 2020, the Waco Convention Center was awarded the Global Biorisk Advisory Council® (GBAC) STAR™ accreditation, the gold standard for prepared facilities. Under the guidance of GBAC, a Division of ISSA, the worldwide cleaning industry association, the Waco Convention Center has implemented the most stringent protocols for cleaning, disinfection and infectious disease prevention in its facility.