Welcome to the Waco Convention Center
Gov. Abbott’s Latest Order
Governor Abbott’s newest executive order, GA-34, does not go into effect until next Wednesday, March 10th. The current order, GA-32, was not suspended by the Governor, meaning that the statewide mask mandate and other protective measures remain in effect. The City of Waco will provide updates in the coming days. Please check back here for the latest information.
The Waco Convention Center’s lobbies are currently closed to the public due to the pandemic. We are operating at 50% capacity, and are booking customers on a case-by-case basis, with the precautions listed below.
Precautions Taken Due to the Pandemic:
- Each room has 50% capacities as shown below:
|Upper Level Rooms||Theater||72″ Rounds||Classroom|
|DeCordova Room (conference – seats 5)||n/a||n/a||n/a|
|1/2 Event Office||n/a||n/a||n/a|
|Lower Level Rooms||Theater||72″ Rounds||Classroom|
|Texas North 113-115||72||54||30|
|Texas North – Each section (113, 114, 115)||24||15||9|
|Texas South 116-118||72||54||30|
|Texas South – Each section (116, 117, 118)||24||15||9|
|Ranger Rooms – Combined||56||40||19|
|Ranger Rooms – each section (107, 108, 109, 110, 111)||12||7||7|
|Lone Star 103||22||12||12|
|Lone Star 104||17||12||10|
|Lone Star 105||15||12||7|
|Waco Room (Conference – seats 7)||n/a||n/a||n/a|
- No linens on tables – must use silver 72” linenless tables in order to be able to disinfect surfaces
- Registration areas must maintain 6′ social distancing
- No buffets – all food must be served “to-go” style or plated by a licensed, approved caterer
- Planned entrance/exits to each room with doors propped open to minimize touch points
- No water stations or coffee stations
- Any snacks, etc. all have to be pre-packaged grab and go. No open containers or finger foods can be out.
- There is a 25% fee charged on any food or beverage brought into the facility due to pandemic restrictions.
- No bars/alcohol service or dance floors
- Masks must be worn at all times.
- The Waco Fire Department will come in and disinfect around the group’s schedule
- No more than 2 people per 72″ round table.
- Maximum of 1 person per rectangle table
- Trade Show Booths: Maximum of 2 people working at a booth. Maximum of one customer at a time visiting a booth.
If you wish to check date availability for a future date, please visit our Contact Page and fill out the contact form.
The Waco Convention Center is now a GBAC STAR™ Accredited Facility
In December, 2020, the Waco Convention Center was awarded the Global Biorisk Advisory Council® (GBAC) STAR™ accreditation, the gold standard for prepared facilities. Under the guidance of GBAC, a Division of ISSA, the worldwide cleaning industry association, the Waco Convention Center has implemented the most stringent protocols for cleaning, disinfection and infectious disease prevention in its facility.